Sunday, November 21, 2010

KFC's Double Down Syndrome

Double Down with the Sickness!
I first saw the dreaded double down way back in 2009. Saw it here at "This is why you're fat". I've always wondered when crazy stuff like this would get to the here. Lo and Behold the Double Down has touched down on Philippine shores!

I tried it, and i loved it! but its a bit too small, for me lang ah, for me. 100 pesos for 4-5 bites... but those are very good bites! For the uneducated, a double down is two KFC Original Style chicken tenders with mayo, cheese AND BACON in between. Some say its like one of those kind of things you eat on a no carb diet, others say its one of the deadliest things on earth! I won't go into the health issue, (health always seemed more subjective to me than scientifically objective) I'd rather talk about the experience.

A wolf in sheep's clothing
As i said, its a too small for 100 pesos, but they taste great! Everyone's favorite fried chicken recipe with cheese, mayo AND BACON. Serving Size aside, whats not to like?

But, just like any great thing, consume these in moderation. Its a tad "too rich", as they say.

It's nice to see the Philippines catching up with "funner" foods from the west, and i think ill grab myself another one of these next week (writing this blog post just sparked a craving!)

Now if only McDo can counter with a Mc Gang Bang...

No comments:

Post a Comment