Friday, December 17, 2010

Chicken for the Road

I was sent to Gen San to do some field work back in October and I got to go to one of the many "Chicken Hauz" es. As I did my field work, one of the questions I asked the locals was "Ano masarap kainin dito?" ("What is good to eat around here?"). They would all say the same thing : GARLIC CHICKEN


Chicken Hauz Chiken

It was good cheap Chicken, a tad small on the servings, but just enough bang for your buck. (I think that was around 50ish?). Almost every establishment in Gen San I visited had their own version of Garlic Chicken, it was like the Sisig of the Mindanao! (maybe even Pacquiao loves the sruff too!)

Then I found this place:


Where is this? It's in the Home Depot thing near Metro Walk in Pasig. Just go there and ask around for the place. (If I'm not mistaken... It's across one of the entrances to Home Depot)

And they have Garlic Chicken! Surprisingly, its almost the same stuff from way down south!


Now ain't that pretty? Crispy Garlicky Chicken Goodness at a sweet price! Chicken on the Road offers all sorts of chicken on the menu... but the Nostalgia of Garlic Chicken really caught me in a choke hold!


I also tried the traditional Fried Chicken... but it was a bit plain, not too dry but nothing special. The other menu items look pretty promising though!

If you're in the area, check out this place... you have to look around a bit, but its well worth the effort!

Here is Home Depot on Google Maps (just in case you don't know where it is)

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment