Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

How was the Holidays? I'm sure you guys had a swell time with all your family, friends and FOOD! (ah yes! the 3 F's of happiness). I'd like to share one meal in particular that for me, was one of the more memorable ones from the end of 2010.

I got invited to a really big Christmas Party Dinner from my "Work", and the main "Attraction" was the Surf and Turf Main Course! (Steak and Shrimps). I didn't really love the grilled Shrimps, they were a bit too salty for me, not as fresh as they should be, but the Steaks were a different story!

Surf and Turf
Why were the Steaks great? : lovely brown texture in the outside and beautifully pink and juicy on the inside! And I think the fact it was 60% taba that made the steak all the more flavorful.

Spot the Fat
Damn good steak, even great without Rice our Sauce. That is a sign of a great steak, good enough to be eaten alone! I had 3 of these (I only ate the meat mind you, i still have a shred of sanity in me when i devour my food) and it was off to desert!

The regular mix of fruits, cakes, and fruit cakes were at the table but there was on thing that took by breath (and a few heartbeats) away:

THIS BABY
At first i thought it was a Cheesecake with a generous amount of cream, but I was wrong! The top was like a thick Egg Cream and the bottom was ICE CREAM! yup! Ice cream and not Cheese Cake! and I love Ice Cream Cake!

Of all the dinners I had this Season, this was the one I remembered the most!

What was your holiday feast?


No comments:

Post a Comment